From Mr Muhammad Yasin
With the deepening of China's reform and opening up, the demand for all kinds of talents has increased, including foreign talents. The Chinese government has also introduced some relevant policies to attract foreign talents to study, work and start businesses in China. d on this background, Zhongguancun Talent Association, as an NGO focused on the field of talent, aims to build a platform for foreigners to share and communicate with each other so that they can express their ideas and opinions on living, studying, employment and entrepreneurship in China. Meanwhile, it can provide more references for related industries, enterprises, and even relevant government departments to create a more livable environment for foreign friends. To that end, an interview series was created. The series of interviews is en d: My views of China development.
To begin with, we invited MR Muhammad Yasin, an entrepreneur from our brother country Pakistan, he’s been staying in China for many years since he came to China early in 1985 as a foreign student and he’s witness of the tremendous changes and development from Chinese opening up policy. Let’s take a look at what MR Yasin will say about his views on our interview.
1. When did you come to China? Why did you choose your current job or field on entrepreneurship? What appeals you in Beijing? 你是什么时候来中国的?你为什么选择现在的工作或领域来创业?北京对你有什么吸引力?
On 2nd Oct 1985 ,I flew from Karachi to Beijing by Air France . I achieved a scholarship from a famous Chinese university named Nankai University to study four years of undergraduate program in the field of Biotechnology. It was an ideal and attractive offer for me so I had to accept it and decided to go for it. It was an unknow place for me but as from our childhood we knew that China is our brotherly and friendly country so there was nothing to worry about. Nankai University four year education program was a great experience which had helped me in building my mind set, character building and enhanced international exposure for my future carrier. Learning Chinese language has given me an extra benefit indeed.
2. China has seen improving international entrepreneurs in recent years. How do you feel about starting a business in Beijing? What are difficulties in different periods? 近年来，中国的国际企业家越来越多。您对在北京创业有何感想?不同时期有哪些困难?
Yes indeed Beijing has provided tremendous opportunities to international entrepreneurs and gradually improved the system due to which we are now enjoying the benefits of polices of the local government.
It is easy to start business in China specially in Beijing within policies work and didnt feel any difficulties to run a business here.
As Beijing is the center of the country’s politics, history and cultural so only particular businesses are allowed. From open door policies in 1980 till today , the difficulties have been improved a lot .
3. How have you learned about different laws and regulations on businesses and gotten license in China? Have you gained support from local ones? 您是如何了解中国不同的商业法律法规并取得营业执照的? 你们是否得到了当地的支持?
As I described that I have completed my graduation from Tianjin Nankai University so first I have registered my company in Tianjin Port free zone to get special benefits of the economic zone in 1994. Later on I have studied Beijing city business registration guide through some service providing companies in Beijing and found that it is also business friendly for foreign entrepreneurs. There are certain law companies in Beijing who are providing one window registration process.
4. How do you view tech and digital economy progress in China in recent years? Are there opportunities and boons for you? 您如何看待中国近年来科技和数字经济的发展?对你来说是否有机会和好处?
China has successfully digitalized the economy in the recent years which provided easy access to different business circles this will speed up business process however China is a foreign currency exchange control country and we have to follow up the government procedure in business transactions.
Frankly speaking last three years of covid regime has effected alot all businesses and now we are trying to rebuild our business channels which will take some time but as China has first class infrastructure so the gap will be covered faster. Secondly, all over the world there is an economic crisis so it will take time to resume the business opportunities.
5. How do you think of opportunities in the Chinese market? How have the market and Chinese consumers changed in recent years? 你如何看待中国市场的机会?这几年市场和中国消费者发生了怎样的变化?
In recent years China has opened new sectors for foreign entrepreneurs in Food and agriculture, High tech industries, and so on. There are tremendous opportunities for other countries and their products that can have a high market share
6. China has been opening up various sectors and improving business environment. What are fields that need further improvement for you? 中国一直在不断扩大各领域开放，不断改善营商环境。您认为哪些领域还需要进一步完善?
Yes indeed China has opened new sectors to show a good gesture to the world. I think China may open service sectors to foreign entrepreneurs, allow world human talent in social art , commercial arts and naturalization policies and procedures may soften to get better result and good opportunities for foreign enterprises.
7. As social and economic activities resume this year, how have your businesses been? What are your future prospects? 随着今年社会经济活动的恢复，您的生意做得怎么样?对未来有何展望?
Indeed China is doing a lot of efforts to stabilize geopolitics which lead to better social , economic activities peacefully and every one can enjoy the fruit of hard working by utilizing talent around the world. I believe that these efforts will soon bring a double win situation for everyone. There are future prospects domestic and international businesses.
8. What are the reasons that you join ZTA（Zhongguancun Talent Association）and what kind of service do you expect from ZTA? 你加入ZTA(中关村人才协会)的原因是什么，你对ZTA有什么样的服务期待?
I have been in China since last 35 years and one of the witnesses of China’s fast development which is an extra example in human history. I need a platform like ZTA to deliver my experience as well as update myself with new developments in China and can be a bridge between China and Pakistan for economic activities.